When it comes to home comfort, few HVAC products offer you a bigger payback than a modern programmable thermostat. These economical devices let you fine-tune the temperature settings in your Annapolis home according to your personal schedule. You can, therefore, enjoy the highest level of comfort, day or night. Advanced features make operating your smart thermostat a breeze.
Comfort and Convenience
Today’s high-tech programmable thermostats include WiFi-enabled devices that give you complete control of your HVAC systems wherever you have an Internet connection. Other convenient features available include:
- Touch-screen displays and one-touch icons for intuitive operation that make it quick and easy to change settings
- Local weather forecasts for Annapolis and the surrounding area.
- Energy reports that let you monitor your energy usage at a glance.
- The ability to automatically switch between heating and cooling depending on the needs of your home.
A programmable thermostat has many advantages over a conventional device, not the least of which is the chance to save up to 20 percent off your heating and cooling costs. For optimal comfort and savings, follow the usage guidelines offered by the Environmental Protection Agency:
- Program temperatures to remain at energy-saving settings for long periods of time, such as during the night when everyone is away from home or sleeping.
- Use the “hold” or “vacation” option to use your HVAC systems at peak efficiency when you’re away from home for an extended period.
- Look for features like alerts that remind you when it’s time to change the filters or schedule preventive maintenance.
- Consider a model with “smart setback” technology that tracks your preferences so that you always enjoy the ideal comfort level.
Your comfort is our first priority at Coastal Heating & Air Conditioning Co., Inc. and we are proud to offer a wealth of products and services that help you save money too. For more tips, energy-saving strategies, and solutions for conserving energy, call us today at 410-919-0110. Our goal is to help you to manage energy consumption and efficiency without compromising your comfort.
Image provided by Shutterstock